Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yesterday & Today

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I bought new shoes and had a good paced 4 mile run. It was a nice day temp wise and a good trail. As I started out about a mile into it I came across a fellow runner walking and messing with his IPod. It was the first time it occurred to me I forgot my tunes. I just kept going. The funny thing is I was thinking the other day how I loved listening to music when I ran. I was not sure how it would effect my running with out it. Well I made it through the run great. I did buy some new shoes 30 minutes before and was dieing to try them. I do not know if it was the shoe, but I had the best pace since I started back up and did a full 4 miles.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/47206646

Today was a whole different story. I really wanted to run. When I started and took a few strides I felt totally heavy. My brain told me to turn around and go home. My heart said keep going. I felt ochie and started out slow. I did get in to it a little but by mile 2 I decided just one more is all I could take. I did have my tunes. But even that did not help. I made home and took a small detour to get to 3 miles and as soon as I turned toward home a giant crack of thunder, as soon as I walk into my garage the sky opened up and cats and dogs came out.
Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better I have a new trail I want to run. The excitement alone is half the fun.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/47310380

No comments:

Post a Comment