Monday, August 30, 2010

Long Drive Short Run

I was up before the sun. Not something I do often. 4:30am not to run but to drive to move some equipment from a dealer that did not pay his taxes and the business was taken by the IRS. Made it to Topeka by 9:00am. After taking care of business there off to Wichita. The long sunny drive through the Flint Hills made me very sleepy. Had to stop at the road side station and get a Monster. That got me going for a few hours at least. To the hotel by 5:00.

Should I run I am very tired. A nap would be nice. A few things motivated me. One I want to keep going. Two I thought it really would make me sleep when it was time for bed. Three, that dang Dailymile. With people watching I am highly motived to post miles. People have not been watching but if someone stumbles upon my page I want to have miles.

I ran a nice trail by my hotel. The south wind was blowing as it always does in Kansas across the plains at a good click. At about mile 2 out of the corner of my eye I see a giant jet coming low. I was really freak out for a moment. It look like I could almost reach out and touch it. I had no idea where to go to avoid it. I could feel the wind from the engines. It was like North X Northwest. I was close to the airport. It was not as dramatic as I made it out, but it was freaky.

I ran hard the first 2 miles then took it really easy on the way back. Now I sit writing this think about falling asleep. Long drive tomorrow, Goodland, KS. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment